- This event has passed.
Therapeutic Yoga for a Healthy Body: Practices for Chronic Pain and Joint Health
May 19 @ 8:00 am - May 21 @ 12:00 pm$340
Unique Workshop at Omega Institute with Marlysa Sullivan:
Chronic pain affects you on many levels, including the physical, emotional, psychological, spiritual, and social. The rich tradition of yoga addresses all these levels of health, making it an especially effective approach to working with pain. In this weekend workshop you are introduced to the philosophy and practices of yoga that create a bridge between modern biomedical thought and yoga for chronic pain. As you examine the effects of chronic pain on the musculoskeletal and nervous systems and learn current concepts in neuroplasticity, polyvagal theory, and the brain in pain, you:
- Explore the biopsychosocial-spiritual model of health
- Practice asana, pranayama, and meditation to help manage chronic pain
- Understand the current science behind yoga and how it impacts each layer of health
- Discover how to regulate the nervous system through your yoga practice
- Develop new ways to relate to the thoughts, emotions, and beliefs that are part of the pain experience
Open to anyone interested in increased well-being and vitality, even if you’re dealing with chronic pain. No previous yoga experience is necessary.