- This event has passed.
Experiential Anatomy & Therapeutic Essentials of Yoga: Spine, Bandhas & Breath
December 1, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - December 3, 2017 @ 6:30 pm$400
Led by Tra Kirkpatrick, C-IAYT, E-RYT500
This weekend incorporates observation, hands-on exercises and practice of asana to help you learn the location and function of the major spine and respiratory structures of the body and how they relate to asana, as well as learn techniques to help you “read” your students body through their asana practice. This course discusses and teaches the three bandhas (locks) as a tool for supporting both physical and mental strength.
This course will teach you:
- To understand the location and function of the key structures of the body and apply them to yoga practice;
- How to become proficient at understanding and identifying imbalances in your students’ practice;
- A functional, integrated approach to evaluation through looking at movement and asana as well as specific muscle testing techniques;
- How certain imbalances may lead to pain and dysfunction;
- Common stresses and injuries for each part of the body and how to apply asana therapeutically for specific injuries, as well as modifications (providing appropriate hands-on support and protection) to maximize the healing and strengthening that is possible from the practice of yoga;
- How do develop a personalized plan of care and personalized asana practice for your student based on the evaluation methods that will be taught.
After this course, you will be able to help students with musculoskeletal dysfunctions (for example: back pain, neck pain, arthritis, tendonitis) by finding their imbalances and helping them to find a yoga practice to restore balance as well as modify asanas as needed.
$350 early bird (30 days or more before program start date)
$400 regular rate