Therapeutic Yoga for Pain Relief: A Professional Training
May 21 @ 8:00 am - May 26 @ 5:00 pm$425
Unique training opportunity at Omega Institute. This program is led by Marlysa Sullivan, MPT, C-IAYT, E-RYT500.
Yoga is uniquely suited to helping those with chronic pain, as it addresses the many levels of life that pain disrupts—from the physical to the social to the spiritual.
This training is for yoga therapists and healthcare practitioners who wish to learn how yoga can help their clients who struggle with this debilitating issue.
Guided by physical therapist Marlysa Sullivan, you explore the science behind chronic pain and how yoga philosophy and practice can help. Through lecture, discussion, practice, and practice teaching, you:
- Discuss the physiology behind chronic pain and how it affects all domains of life
- Explore yoga practices and modifications that are appropriate for those with chronic pain
- Examine classic yogic texts for concepts helpful to those working with chronic pain
- Learn to assess clients to determine the best practice for their circumstances
- Design practices for common musculoskeletal imbalances, nervous system regulation, and social connection
- Demonstrate techniques of inquiry in meditation and asana